Associate Wealth Advisor, Rung II (Remote or Onsite in SF Bay Area)
JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a remote position. We offer a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off. We encourage professional development by providing reimbursement for classes and conferences. Equity ownership potential is an added perk.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Associate Wealth Advisor will work closely with her and the other members of our team on a variety of projects, and will be able to specialize as the firm grows. We encourage you to visit JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Wealth Advisor supports Wealth Managers and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including resolving client requests, data gathering and analysis, financial planning and portfolio reviews, meeting preparation, client communication, client account maintenance, drafting trades, researching investments, and implementation of recommendations. Additionally, the Associate Wealth Advisor may participate in business development activities to attract clients. All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team.
The major duties of this job will involve much structure and attention to detail, and must be done correctly. At the same time job tasks will vary rather than be repetitive, and will require a faster-than-average pace in order to complete work requirements. The job has more of a people orientation rather than technical orientation. The position may be integral to collaborative or team work in the organization, and in satisfying both internal and external customers. This job has a hands-on focus, where productivity is gained through individual accomplishments. This job can be the source of some initiatives, but only within a clearly structured and defined framework of responsibility outlined by management.
All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team. You lead by example, with first-hand knowledge of your area of expertise. Strong, friendly follow-up is necessary on delegated tasks to ensure proper results.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Advisors, please review this PDF.
- Analytical skills to prepare and assess client financial statements, plans, and investments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Serious, diligent, and reserved, with a “how can I help you?” attitude
- A service-oriented, people orientation rather than an analytical or technical orientation
- Work collaboratively with input of others on the team. Risk taking is not required. New ideas or initiatives will not require significant diversion from established procedures
- Communication style is friendly, pleasant, and tactful
- Interest in mastering financial planning, client relationship management (CRM), and portfolio management software
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to produce highly precise, high-quality work with a very strong attention to detail. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently.
- Willingness to jump in and roll up your sleeves to help out when necessary
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively and produce repeatable, very high-quality results
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising ethical standards
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!