Business Development & Marketing Manager (Remote or Onsite in Bay Area)
JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing financial planning firm with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are looking for a Business Development and Marketing Manager with social media experience to join our female-led team. We offer flexible hours for this position, and would consider both part-time and full-time applicants, with a minimum commitment of 30 hours per week. This is a remote position.
The Business Development and Marketing Manager works on a variety of projects. You will help develop and execute a business development and social media plan, work with our advisors to edit content for our company website, newsletter and blogs, and clearly present our service offerings to prospective clients. The focus of this position is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. You must be an effective communicator, someone who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detailed work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently.
The ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills and a thirst to learn and grow as a professional.
- Track and maintain contact with prospects, including marketing material preparation, follow-up actions and generation of analytical reports
- Promote our firm on social media through our firm’s original content, including our podcast, books, white papers, and website
- Create and execute a social media strategy using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Assist leadership to create a business development plan.
- Prepare marketing materials for clients and prospects
- Assist with research, development, coordination, and production of our firm’s podcast, including managing the content calendar, coordinating with guests, and monitoring the associated metrics
- Complete projects via independent research; clearly document your steps and conclusions
- Draft and proofread written communications to clients, prospects, and business partners
- Manage email marketing blasts using Constant Contact
- Organize and manage tasks within our customer relationship management (CRM) software database
- Coordinate with web developer, graphic designer, and book publishing team to create effective and accurate collateral
- Media liaison
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and accurate
- A highly collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team to serve our clients and keep our firm visible to clients and prospective clients.
- Very socially-focused; requires “how can I help you?” attitude
- Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship
- Work with and through others, especially in a helping role; There is a need for a persuasive “selling” (rather than “telling”) communication style
- Focus on adherence to established guidelines and procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- Proficiency with editing functionality in Microsoft Word
- An approachable, friendly personality
- Demonstrated track record of taking full ownership of both large and small projects, and seeing them through to a successful conclusion
- Organized, reliable, efficient, self–motivated
- A high level of professionalism
- Leadership by example, with first-hand knowledge of area of expertise
- Strong, friendly follow-up on tasks delegated to ensure proper results
- Team-focused with a strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished as part of the team
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small-company environment
- Ability to work independently and take direction well
- At least 5 years work experience in a similar role, or at least 5 years work experience in financial services
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus with others in decision-making
- Open, flowing communication style
- Basic graphic design understanding
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in Business, Marketing, or Journalism
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, 401(k) and profit sharing plan, and health insurance. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
JLFranklin Wealth Planning has been providing financial planning, wealth management, and tax planning services on a fee-only basis for over 20 years. We encourage you to visit www.JLFWealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of our firm.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!