Content Podcast Marketer – Part-Time (Remote)
The Content Marketer oversees our firm’s digital media efforts by steering and maintaining the web and social presence of our female-led wealth management firm. You’ll promote our podcast, books, and the firm to reach people who are interested in tech, startups, and personal finance. You may also assist with basic business development tasks such as prospect communication and tracking. The expected commitment is approximately 15 hours per week to start, and may increase over time.
This role is for an enthusiastic creative strategist inspired to bring energy to the firm through different media channels with the goal of attracting new audiences. The ideal candidate for this role will share our excitement for the tech industry and create a genuine connection between the firm and our prospective clients.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. We encourage you to explore JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
The focus of this position is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. There is a need for an effective and persuasive communicator, someone who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. There will be many different people to meet and work with. The person in this position must be friendly and genuinely interested in the business, agenda, and needs of others.
Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. Following up carefully, closely, and cheerfully is required to ensure both correct work and maintenance of the relationships. Necessary corrections must be made in a constructive, supportive manner. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed fairly closely, while working with and for others.
- Each day is different from the next; especially in personal interactions. There will be multiple projects going simultaneously.
- Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship.
- Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important; others will be involved in the decision-making. There is a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone.
- Open, flowing effective communication is important. You are willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves to help out when necessary, lead by example, and have first-hand knowledge of your area of expertise.
- Strong, friendly follow-up necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, write, and distribute high-quality sharable content for multiple digital channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube (technical blogs are written by our advisors)
- Confidently lead and professionally engage a digital audience on social platforms
- Create images using Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite
- Determine the best platforms based on messages and goals
- Follow the existing brand voice and style to maintain consistency across all platforms
- Manage social profiles
- Direct and manage paid search and social campaigns
- Monitor analytics and use data to make marketing decisions
- Track KPIs to ensure maximum engagement
- Assess SEO
- Create and manage social media calendar for alignment of all messages
- Identify online communities and build engagement
- Lead press outreach
- Various business development activities including inbound prospect communication and tracking
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience promoting podcasts and books
- 3+ years professional experience writing and creating images on digital platforms
- Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and other graphic platforms to create and edit images, including cropping, resizing dimensions, and adjusting image weights, while preserving sense of composition
- A proven record of generating professional leads via social media and marketing campaigns
- Success with professional communication, both written and verbal
- Creative promotional ideas and curiosity to learn new technical skills
- Ability to humanize digital messages and relay the core message of the firm’s brand
- Organized and detail-oriented while also having the ability to step back and see how each message relates to the big picture and the firm’s objectives
- Avid social media user
- Heavy consumer of podcasts on all platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- An understanding of the tech industry
- Ability to meet and beat deadlines
- Video editing skills preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position, your ideal schedule, and your favorite podcasts. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!