Intern – Summer Intern (Marin or San Francisco Bay Area)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding internship position? Do you consider yourself organized and a good writer? Are you a highly motivated individual who would like to gain valuable office experience working with a female entrepreneur?
JLFranklin Wealth Planning is seeking a bright, energetic, and organized individual with high standards of excellence for a summer internship. As a paid intern located in Marin or the San Francisco Bay Area, you will work remotely on a variety of projects from marketing to office organization to social media strategy. Your projects will increase in complexity as you demonstrate your competence and ability. Ability to quickly learn new computer software, excellent writing skills and exceptional attention to detail are required.
The ideal candidate is a college student available full time during the summer. Part-time work may be available during the school year.
- Unambiguous work direction. Adherence to established guidelines, policies, and procedures. Concern for getting work done on time and correctly.
- Extremely task-oriented, completing tasks from start to finish. High standards of quality and accuracy.
- Requires high degree of information gathering before making decisions. Must be comfortable in making decisions in area of specialty or expertise. Look to management for direction in areas outside of expertise.
- Reserved, factual, formal and sincere communication.
- Strong follow-through on delegated tasks and assignments.
- Solve client requests: independently research and clearly document the steps taken and your conclusions; for other tasks follow specific directions as needed
- Draft and proofread letters to clients, prospects and business partners
- Complete forms and documents
- Organize, and manage documents within our contact relationship management (CRM) software
- Communicate with brokerage firms, various companies, and clients on behalf of the firm
- Assist in creating and posting content for Facebook and Twitter
- Write, edit, and/or proofread marketing collateral
- Input data into Excel spreadsheets
- Suggest improvements to increase productivity and client satisfaction
- Manage email marketing blasts using Constant Contact
- Assemble and prepare marketing and client materials
- Answer phones
- General office management duties
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer. A computer will be provided for your use.
- Ability to work independently and take direction well
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with our Wealth Advisors and high net worth clients both verbally and in writing
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- A highly collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team and collaborate in all aspects of serving our clients
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished for the client and the team
- A high level of professionalism
- An acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compassion and an approachable, friendly personality
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- A client-comes-first attitude
- Student of business, economics, marketing, English, communications, or journalism with a minimum 3.5 GPA preferred
An hourly wage will be determined based on experience and qualifications. The ability to learn about your own personal financial situation is an added benefit.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
JLFranklin Wealth Planning has been providing financial planning, wealth management, and tax planning services on a fee-only basis for over 20 years. We encourage you to visit www.JLFWealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of our firm.
Remote, although you are located in Marin or the San Francisco Bay Area
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!