Support Advisor, Entry Level, Rung I (Remote or Onsite in SF Bay Area)
JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing, Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a remote position. We offer a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off. We encourage professional development by providing reimbursement for classes and conferences. Equity ownership potential is an added perk.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Support Advisor will work closely with her and the other members of our team, enjoy a variety of on-the-job learning opportunities, and be able to specialize as the firm grows. We encourage you to visit JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Support Advisor is a challenging and rewarding position with substantial room to grow. As a member of a female-led team, you will make a positive impact on people’s lives, gain exposure to a fast-paced small business environment, and have the opportunity to participate in a variety of projects. A Support Advisor at JLFranklin Wealth Planning assists Wealth Managers and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including: solving client requests, data gathering and analysis, financial planning and portfolio reviews, meeting preparation, drafting trades, researching investments, client communication, client account maintenance, and implementation of recommendations.
This position requires a very careful adherence to well-defined procedures where repeatable results are needed. The work is highly precise in nature and requires a very strong attention to detail. It is vital for the work output to be very high quality with correct results. Checking and double-checking is often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious.
All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Support Advisor is a key member of the team.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Advisors, please review this PDF.
- Analytical skills to prepare and analyze client financial statements, plans, and investments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- Interest in mastering industry software, including financial planning, client relationship management (CRM), and portfolio management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with our Wealth Advisors and high net-worth clients, verbally and in writing
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- The ability to work at a steady, even pace of activity
- A highly collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team and pitch in on all aspects of serving our clients
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished for the client and the team
- Able to closely follow established procedures and processes without modification
- A high level of professionalism and a thirst to learn and grow as a financial professional.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy (more important than speed)
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning, at least 5 Financial Planning classes, or some financial services experience
- Ability to produce repeatable, very high-quality results
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communication is factual, polite, and professional
- Uncompromising ethical standards
- Desire and ability to work successfully and collaboratively in a small company environment
- People-focused, compassionate and friendly, while being slightly reserved in nature
- Examination of the facts, established procedure, or proven process must preclude decision-making
- Ability to follow our well-defined processes and procedures to perform activities
- A client-comes-first attitude
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!